Sunday, February 8, 2015

Bacon!


Who doesn't love bacon, right? Okay, maybe vegetarians . . . But seriously, almost everyone else does. It's become especially popular in the past few years after spending centuries as the underappreciated side to eggs. (I blame Jim Gaffigan, personally.)

Christina Dymock, whose written several amazing cookbooks, has come out with The Bacon Lover's Cookbook. I received a review copy, so this is what I think:

There are some fantastic recipes in here. Bacon and egg salad sandwiches. I love egg salad, never thought of adding bacon to it. Inside out egg muffins. Easy and tasty. Chicken bacon salad sandwich, baked beans, honey mustard bacon drumsticks, twice baked potatoes. Yum. There are plenty more, too.

I'm not a fan of bacon mixed with sweet. There's a whole section of sweets using bacon that I can guarantee I'll never try. To me bacon and sweet just do not mix. But that's me. I'm sure there are plenty of people who love it.

The book is well organized, and has a picture for every single recipe which I love. I hate it when I'm trying something new and don't have a photo for reference when it comes to recipes. So while mine might not be as pretty as hers, I still at least have an idea of what it's supposed to look like.

Purchase your copy here.






No comments:

Post a Comment